Sunday, January 02, 2011

A first for me ...


At the end of last week, before the snow melt, we awoke to this pretty sight across from the house. It was very still out and just below freezing. I told myself that I must take my camera along on our morning run. I forgot the camera but was not disappointed at the calm beauty that was found in theforest preserve.


I did see, for the first time, a sight that had me puzzled at first. A bird with a red breast that looked familiar yet out of place for this time of year. I was about ten yards from the bird and as I squinted my eyes two, more red breasted birds joined the other and then I realized what I was seeing. Here I am with out my camera and three male Robins feeding on seeds from a bush, a site that I can never recall seeing in late December. With the frost covered, sun filled woods, a missed picture indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment