Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Casting a stealthier shadow

Yesterday morning while walking Mya and Payton, we all enjoyed the smells, sounds and sights and Payton ate what only he could believe was tasty.

With the sun rising in the East we followed the gravel path around the forest preserve. The last few early morning walks have been very nice with a gentle breeze from the North East making for a very present time.

As the path winds around, the early morning sun ends up directly behind us. I was a bit startled when I saw in front of me what I thought was the shadow of someone right behind me. For a moment I thought of turning around to see who was making this unfamiliar looking shadow when I realized it to be the thinner me.

I’m experiencing a number of good things with the loss of 79 lbs. Having checked in with Dr. Wallace today I weighed in at 288 lbs today. 

The stealthier shadow did bring a smile to my face. I see my face in the mirror each day so the change in weight loss does not jump out at me. My thinner shadow did just that. It jumped out at me.

Pants that are falling off of me are being collected for Good Will. Belts have been modified with extra holes to help prevent pants from falling. Shirts, lots of shirts are going along with the pants. All is good.  


Took this picture the other morning when Tiffani joined us on our walk.


1 comment:

  1. Uh oh! You are catching down to me. I better serious.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete