Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What a bite that was.

Yesterdays fishing was one of the best fishing days I have had while on SGI. I was using two fishing poles and had set one up and made a cast out about twenty or so yards. While setting up the second pole I noticed out of he corner of my eye the firs pole jerk like I had a large fish but it was only one very large hit. As it had my full attention I saw that there was no action what so ever and decided to finish getting the second pole setup and fishing. With both poles in the surf I studied the pole that  had the big hit and decided to check the bait to see if something had gotten it.




Look closely at what is left of this fish. A shark had taken off a third of it's body from it's tail. One clean, single, bite. I end up using what was left of this fish as "cut bait" and about ten minutes later caught a 15 too 18 inch long Black Tip shark.

Wendy's eyes bugged out of her head and with a shriek explained "that is why I will not go into the Gulf and swim"!   

3 comments:

  1. too cool for school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tell Wendy that if she splashes around and acts wounded, that the sharks will never bother her.

    ReplyDelete