Saturday, March 24, 2012

The sting of a Sting Ray...

Today, Holly and David left SGI for parts farther south after visiting us for three days. This morning was an exceptional one for dolphin sightings / watching. As many as 20 were feasting on small fish. Dolphin were jumping completely out of the water, using their tails to swat the water and stun their prey. Lot of fun to watch. Sorry no pic's.

While waiting for the next group (Kristina, Jeff, Becca, Tiffani, Echo, Matt & Sandy) I decided to do a little fishing. (All arrived safe and sound.) After about an hour Jeff arrived and joined me on the beach. I had bagged a couple small sharks and a King fish also known as a Whiting. With in the minutes Jeff had a 2 foot Black Tip Shark and a small Sting Ray. We both said at the same time, "stay away from it's tail"! I put on a glove in an attempt to protect myself from it's tail to no avail. It got me in the meaty part of my palm and I can say, unequivocally it has a mean punch to its tail. 

Wendy, not needing something else to worry about, (Matt & Sandy had not arrived by this time) ran up to Google, "Sting Ray first aid".

I did have a lot of people offering to pee on Grandpa's hand but being the true grit kind of guy I'am passed and fished on.

After a couple hours the throbbing went away. Wendy continues to check on my vital signs hourly. Sorry no pic's of Sting Ray.           

   

1 comment:

  1. Glad it didn't stick you in the (fill in the blank ). Not much to say about Dave and Holly's stay ?

    ReplyDelete