Friday, March 15, 2013

Testing the ankles load limit.


I have been wearing a “boot” on my left foot for three weeks and with Wendy’s conditional permission (list is to long to note here) we took Mya and Payton for a walk, err more like a stroll . I opted to wear my hiking boots, laced up tight and managed to get around OK.  I see no problem in getting up and about after surgery.

During our stroll we were treated to the migration (it is that time of the year) of Red-winged Black bird, RobinsSandhill Cranes and two, male, Eastern Blue Birds! Click on bird name for more info. I suspect had we been able to get further back into the woods we would have seen even more birds. I have been hearing strange bird calls in the back yard that I do not recall hearing but keep a sharp eye pealed for them. Where on earth did that saying…a sharp eye pealed, come from? Oh well, I be looking.

Don’t hear from Cody these days. I understand he is working at a grocery store and taking care of Tony in his spare time. Will see if he has an updated pic of Tony he would want to share with us.


Here is a pic of Echo with her school friends, dressed in Elgin High school’s softball jersey. GO ELGIN! 




No comments:

Post a Comment